HumAngle is committed to telling stories that properly capture conflict, humanitarian fallouts, and development issues in a manner that puts the people at the centre of such stories. We are determined to uphold the highest standards and best journalism practices as we tell these stories.
Our goal is to amplify under-reported narratives as we are guided by the fundamental ethics of the reporting process. Our stories must be notable for their exceptional depth, excellent crafting, and focus on highlighting victims’ experiences.
As a newsroom, our aims and objectives are:
- To be a foremost media organisation in our defined niche area through the publication of in-depth stories that meet international standards of journalism practice;
- To produce quality broadcast, multimedia, print, and online content;
- To produce content or material following the best practices and ethical standards expected of a media professional;
- To be a reliable source of information by ensuring all materials published undergo best editing practices to meet balanced, unprejudiced standards of media practice.
HumAngle is keen on upholding a reputation and eminence of professionalism, honesty, fairness, integrity, respect, equity, trust, objectivity, and authenticity within and outside our work environment.
To achieve this, we are committed to:
- Observing the highest standards of moral conduct and truth-telling, recognising that the public’s right to information is fundamental.
- Ensuring that in the writing and editing of all stories, we review copies for fairness, accuracy, and possible bias of all kinds.
- Keeping in mind that there is always more than one viewpoint while ensuring that those on the other end of an allegation are given an opportunity to give their side of the story and that this is fairly reflected in the publication.
- Eliminating misinformation and disinformation in our defined niche area by being the go-to source for credible information, verifying claims before they are published, and avoiding the use of pictures that may be misleading.
- Admitting wrongdoing when we realise we have committed errors that go against our policies and correcting such errors as transparently as possible.
- Preventing the use of our platform for the promotion of hate speech, dangerous stereotypes, and unseasoned opinions.
- Working towards paying a reasonable wage to every writer, reporter, or fixer whose work is featured on our platform.
Support Our Journalism
There are millions of ordinary people affected by conflict in Africa whose stories are missing in the mainstream media. HumAngle is determined to tell those challenging and under-reported stories, hoping that the people impacted by these conflicts will find the safety and security they deserve.
To ensure that we continue to provide public service coverage, we have a small favour to ask you. We want you to be part of our journalistic endeavour by contributing a token to us.
Your donation will further promote a robust, free, and independent media.Donate Here